I have to confess that I don’t really like to read. I have a lot of imagination but it is quite difficult for me to keep focused when reading a book. I have always been impressed by the Parisian people being able to read in the subway with all the noise and movement around. I can’t resist watching at everyone entering in the train at each stop so you can imagine that I can hardly focus on my sms:) I am making this point to explain that if I can finish a book it means that it was really nice to read. I just finished the famous book #girlboss written by Sonia Amoruso, the funder and PDG of Nastygal and I felt it was a very inspirational book. First of all we have a quite similar personality and background: same pee-poo humor, I had also a metal music period, hippy dreams and conception of the life…. but we grew up. Dear Sonia, I would love to meet you;) Then I really loved the book because she is sharing all the experiences, thoughts, tips that made her a girlboss and drove her company to a great success. The text is very sincere, freshY so Fresh and amusing! So do you want to be a girlboss? Check out the most inspiring quotes from the book #girlboss and feel the energy to start a new life!
- The right path is not the only one that leads to success. The real challenge lies in the art of knowing what rule to accept what rules to rewrite.
- Push your limits: the luck prefers action. If you work hard while demonstrating creativity and determination, things are moving.
- The self-esteem is more attractive than any cloth. If you believe in yourself, others will believe also in you.
- You will save time if you do not care about what others think about you.
- Money is often a factor of freedom. To learn how to manage your money is one of the most important things to do.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Cash is king: do not spend more money than you have.
- Banish: increasing your spendings when your earnings are rising. You should save at least 10 % of your income.
- You reap what you sow, so you better sow positive and focus on what you want instead of being distracted by what you do not want and all the positive things that will happen will surprise you.
- If something is never working well, change it for a while instead of focusing on it. That does not mean that you give up but just that you entrust your destiny to the universe.
- School is not for everyone. If you are bad at school, it does not mean you’re stupid or useless, or you will fail in all areas, only that your talents lie elsewhere. You have to find them to thrive.
- Adopt all that differentiates you from others. The real key to success is to know your weaknesses and to exploit your strengths.
- The best strategy to learn anything and anywhere: surfing on Google.
- Be in competition with yourself, not with others. Never lose your appetite for new ideas, new experiences and new adventures.
- Admit your mistakes and apologize. We all make mistakes at one time and the sooner you admit you were wrong, the sooner you can fix it.
- Entrepreneurs are passionate about what they do, not afraid to take risks and do not dwell on their failures. Behind every failure there is an opportunity.
- You will not get anything if you do not ask.
- The success requires some risks; major upheavals open unsuspected ways and create opportunities. If they are terrifying and intimidating, it is because they kick you out of your comfort zone.
- To succeed in the business world, you need a good dose of stubbornness.
- If you are bored or you hate what you do, it is a sign that you are not in the right place. Determine what you love to do and the area in which you are performing, and then try to find the way to make it your job. It is impossible to succeed in a business that you hate.
Source: #girlboss from Sophia Amoruso – http://www.girlboss.com