Looking for a cool destination to spend your spring holidays or Indian summer? Ibiza or Eivissa is a great place to go during these periods and it is at just a couple of hours from the biggest European capitals. I came to Ibiza for the first time in April and had a real crush with this island from the minute 1 I left the plane! Yes it may seem over-enthusiastic but I just loved the vibes there and when discovering this place I felt in love with its wild countryside, its white ibizan style houses surrounded by cactus, the sandy beaches or calas with its crystal water, the chillout chiringuitos on the beach, the charming old city of Eivissa, the hippie market, Formentera island… Ibiza has a lot more to offer in addition to its crazy parties! If you have never been to Ibiza and want to discover the island, here is a list of 15 cool places and things to do in Ibiza:
5 activities or places to visit in Ibiza:
- Beach life: You will be so impressed by the magical beaches and calas that are on this island and their transparent water. You can find some secret calas and feel you are at the end of the world, or enjoy a drink and dance in a chiringuito on the beach. Oh and do not forget to watch a sunset on the beach which is a spectacle there that is applauded!
- Dalt vila: get lost in the bucolic little streets of the old Ibiza! The panoramic view from the castle that is at the top of the hill is really breathtaking. You will contemplate a canvas of white old roofs surrounding the port in Ibiza Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site; mixed with the blue sea and the green wild cliffs full of pines as a background.
- Formentera: this peaceful island is a treasure. It has tropical beaches, salt works and beautiful landscapes that you will love to discover by scooter or bicycle if you are sporty!
- Hippie market: there is a community of hippies that still live in Ibiza and you can see their art at the Dalias market. This hippie market is really cool to have a walk, have a lunch or drink and shop some jewels, clothes, decoration and other stuff.
- Night life: Ibiza is the most famous place in the world for its crazy nights and parties. In fact you can feel the parties vibes anytime, day and night. On the beach you have plenty of bars where you can listen to really good music and dance, also in the car you can keep on partying because the music at the radio is excellent, and even our hotel was putting some cool music all day and a part of the night by the swimming-pool!
5 beautiful calas or beach to enjoy in Ibiza:
- Las Salinas: to get there you have to cross by walk a pine forest and you will discover a wild beach surrounded by dunes. Ok I said wild but you will not escape the chiruguitos with DJ mixing chill out music. The party is everywhere!
- Cala d’hort: I advise you to park a bit before the cala and you will enjoy a fantastic view from the cliff overtaking the bay and see the fascinating island of Es Vedra. This pyramidal island is very special because it is considered as one of the most magnetic place in the world. What does it mean? Well this pyramidal island is the source of inspiration of many myth, legends and paranormal stories. Some say that this magnetic rock would attract aliens, upset compass, cause disorientation and even make disappear object and persons! Ahhaha. More seriously I really loved to have a picnic there and feel I am at the end of the world. And by night it is an incredible place to watch the stars!
- Cala comte: this cala is just incredible for its transparent water! A must see.
- Cala salada: a wild little cala that you will find after walking 5min. Very charming.
- Playa de ses illetes: this is the beach you cannot miss if you go to Formentera!! It looks like a tropical beach that never ends.
5 places to eat or take a drink in Ibiza:
- Sa Vida: you will find this small and cute restaurant on the port of Ibiza town. It is a place for the gourmets that know where to eat well in Ibiza! If you want to taste their high quality tapas I highly advise you to book or you won’t be able to eat there! Address: Carrer del Bisbe Carrasco, 14, 07800 Eivissa, Illes Balears, Spain
- Bai Bai: it is another tapas place in Ibiza city where the people living there use to go. The best about this place is that the food is really delicious for a reasonable price. Address: Plaça sa Riba, 9, 07800 Eivissa, Illes Balears, Spain
- Sa Platgeta: is a tipical chiringuito hidden on the coast of Formentera. You should try their fried pulpo and their paellas! Address: Spagna, Camino de Can Simonet I, 3062, 07871, Spain
- Chiringuito Sunset Ashram: this bar-restaurant is at Cala Comte and is fabulous for its panoramic view overtaking the coast. An advice: really do not go to Café del Mar, it has nothing special except its high price and rather go to the sunset ashram! Address: Carr. de Cala Conta, s/n, 07829 Sant Josep de sa Talaia, Islas Baleares, Spain
- Blue Marlin: a very cool bar-disco to party on the beach! Address: Cala Jondal, s/n, 07800 Ibiza, Islas Baleares, Spain
I hope you will love your holidays in Ibiza! Bisous, Melissa ♡