Hi guys, I hope you had a happy & healthy Christmas, although you could not enjoy being physically with all your relatives. Thanks god nowadays we have the chance to use Internet to connect us during this crazy science-fiction movie we are all playing in! It looks so unreal that sometimes I really feel like being Jim Carrey in the Truman show ahah, don’t you?!
Another great way to cheer us up during the quarantine is fooooooood of course (
and lots of alcohol). So here we go, today I wanted to share with you a delicious recipe for chocolate lovers that we tested with my mum as a Christmas dessert: a chocolate & spéculoos cake!
This recipe needs only 15mins of preparation and 0 min of baking! In other words, it is the perfect chocolate cake recipe if you have no time to cook and no oven as you just have to get the preparation ready, put it in the fridge and wait 😉
- 300g of butter
- 600g of dark chocolate
- ½ little spoon of diluted soluble coffee
- 2 eggs
- 100g of sugar glass
- 200g of spéculoos
- Bitter cocoa
- Fresh red fruits as raspberry, strawberry or blueberry
- First of all, melt the chocolate with butter put in pieces.
- Mix with a spatula until you get a super smooth and shining cream.
- Mix in a bowl the sugar with the eggs.
- Remove from the fire the chocolate preparation and add inside the sugar and eggs mix.
- Add the diluted soluble coffee and mix.
- Crush the spéculoos biscuits and add them to the preparation. Try to have some pieces bigger to taste them better in the cake J
- Cut in pieces the red fruits. Try to have irregular pieces, and keep some fruits full to give to your cake a yummy texture. And add them delicately to the preparation.
- Pour into a mold lined with baking paper.
- Place whole speculoos on top of the preparation to create a very crispy and delicious cake base.
- Keep the chocolate cake in the fridge at least 4 hours.
- Unmold the cake on a cute serving platter.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with cocoa powder and garnish with plenty of berries. Be generous, it will look beautylicious!
Et voila, bon appétit!