Let’s start the week with a little touch of wisdom! Sometimes it is necessary to take some time for yourself and meditation. Discover and meditate on these 20 inspiring Buddha quotes ( Gautama Buddha) on happiness, love, life & peace to be the best version of you. Which quote is your mantra? Bisous & Namaste, Melissa ♡
25 Buddha quotes:
- “Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
- “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
- “Doubt everything. Find your own light.”
- “If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved worrying will do you no good.”
- “There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.”
- “Nothing is forever except change.”
- “As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise you will miss most of your life.”
- “ The mind is everything. What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.”
- “One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world”
- “Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again, and you will be filled with joy.”
- “The trouble is, you think you have time.”
- “The greatest prayer is patience.”
- “What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now.”
- “Will not be punished for your anger, your anger is the punishment.”
- “The past is already gone, the future is not yet here. There’s only one moment for you to live, and that is the present moment”
- “Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are, it solely relies on what you think.”
- “Do not give your attention to what others do or fail to do; give it to what you do or fail to do.”
- “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.”
- “Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.”
- “It’s your road…and yours alone… Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you. No matter what path you choose, really walk it.”
- “Joy comes not through possession or ownership but through a wise and loving heart.”
- “Your worst enemy cannot hurt you as much as your own thoughts, when you haven’t mastered them.”
- “Live every act fully, as if it were your last.”
- Success isn’t the key to happiness.Happiness is the key to success.”
- “In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.”
I have to confess that I don’t really like to read. I have a lot of imagination but it is quite difficult for me to keep focused when reading a book. I have always been impressed by the Parisian people being able to read in the subway with all the noise and movement around. I can’t resist watching at everyone entering in the train at each stop so you can imagine that I can hardly focus on my sms:) I am making this point to explain that if I can finish a book it means that it was really nice to read. I just finished the famous book #girlboss written by Sonia Amoruso, the funder and PDG of Nastygal and I felt it was a very inspirational book. First of all we have a quite similar personality and background: same pee-poo humor, I had also a metal music period, hippy dreams and conception of the life…. but we grew up. Dear Sonia, I would love to meet you;) Then I really loved the book because she is sharing all the experiences, thoughts, tips that made her a girlboss and drove her company to a great success. The text is very sincere, freshY so Fresh and amusing! So do you want to be a girlboss? Check out the most inspiring quotes from the book #girlboss and feel the energy to start a new life!
- The right path is not the only one that leads to success. The real challenge lies in the art of knowing what rule to accept what rules to rewrite.
- Push your limits: the luck prefers action. If you work hard while demonstrating creativity and determination, things are moving.
- The self-esteem is more attractive than any cloth. If you believe in yourself, others will believe also in you.
- You will save time if you do not care about what others think about you.
- Money is often a factor of freedom. To learn how to manage your money is one of the most important things to do.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Cash is king: do not spend more money than you have.
- Banish: increasing your spendings when your earnings are rising. You should save at least 10 % of your income.
- You reap what you sow, so you better sow positive and focus on what you want instead of being distracted by what you do not want and all the positive things that will happen will surprise you.
- If something is never working well, change it for a while instead of focusing on it. That does not mean that you give up but just that you entrust your destiny to the universe.
- School is not for everyone. If you are bad at school, it does not mean you’re stupid or useless, or you will fail in all areas, only that your talents lie elsewhere. You have to find them to thrive.
- Adopt all that differentiates you from others. The real key to success is to know your weaknesses and to exploit your strengths.
- The best strategy to learn anything and anywhere: surfing on Google.
- Be in competition with yourself, not with others. Never lose your appetite for new ideas, new experiences and new adventures.
- Admit your mistakes and apologize. We all make mistakes at one time and the sooner you admit you were wrong, the sooner you can fix it.
- Entrepreneurs are passionate about what they do, not afraid to take risks and do not dwell on their failures. Behind every failure there is an opportunity.
- You will not get anything if you do not ask.
- The success requires some risks; major upheavals open unsuspected ways and create opportunities. If they are terrifying and intimidating, it is because they kick you out of your comfort zone.
- To succeed in the business world, you need a good dose of stubbornness.
- If you are bored or you hate what you do, it is a sign that you are not in the right place. Determine what you love to do and the area in which you are performing, and then try to find the way to make it your job. It is impossible to succeed in a business that you hate.
Source: #girlboss from Sophia Amoruso – http://www.girlboss.com
“To make an end is to make a beginning”. 2015 has been a year full of lessons that will really help me to make a fresh start in a happy mindset for this new year. This year, I don’t want to put a lot of pressure on me to achieve unachievable resolutions even though I still haven’t met all my resolutions from last year (and you neither you know it ). In 2016, I really want to focus and share with you guys some tips about positivity, well-being, healthy lifestyle. A lot of people (Myself first) easily allow negative thoughts to get the best of them and steal all their energy. To work on this and experience peace of mind and happiness, here are 10 ideas that are important to focus on and never forget. Which one is your fav? If you have other advices, please share them in a comment. I would be glad to know them! Bisous and happy new year 2016, Melissa ♥
1. Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. It messes your mind and steals your happiness.
2. Positive thoughts generate positive feelings and attract positive life experiences.
3. There are secrets opportunities hidden inside every failure.
4. Let go of what you think your life is supposed to be, and be grateful for everything that it is.
5. Move on from the past because it’s gone, stop being stressed about the futur because it hasn’t arrived, fully live in the present and enjoy the simple pleasures of life because it is what you have today.
6. Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.
7. Let go of people that are not positive influences in your life and focus on building important friendships.
8. Leave your comfort zone. Everything you want is on the other side of fear. So sometimes saying fuck it is the best decision!
9. If you’ll never try, you’ll never know. So stop wishing and start doing because in the end we only regret the chances we did take.
10. Don’t expect too much from others, you will be disappointed. You are the only one responsible for your happiness. Feeling happy is a choice.