Looking for the ideal summer salad to take care of your body but you want to enjoy your meal? Let me share with you a salad recipe that is freshy so fresh, super tasty-yummy and healthy! I learned it from my mother that learnt it from my grandmother that learnt it from…. ok it’s a family recipe you got it and it is called Tabbouleh! This recipe is from Lebanon but since my mum is from Senegal (learn about Senegal in the article: 5 reasons to discover Senegal) and we have some Lebanese in my family there, I had the chance to get to know how to make the authentic Lebanese Tabbouleh! And the original recipe has really nothing to do with what you can buy in the supermarkets. I won’t lie to you, it takes time because you need to chop finely a lot of stuffs but you can prepare a big Tabbouleh and enjoy it several days. This fresh salad is ideal to eat like a starter or to have with a barbecue! Just thinking about it, I have the mouth wet and it is the time for me to eat! Bisous, I’m leaving you to have my meal now! Melissa ♡
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 boot of fresh mint
- 1 boot of fresh parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling-hot water
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fresh juice of 3 limes
- Chop finely the onions, mint, parsley and cut the tomatoes in small squares
- Pour the bulgur in a bowl and add the cup of boiling-hot water. Then cover the bowl with a little plate and let stand 15 minutes.
- Once the bulgur has swelled place it in a big plate, add the onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Combine well and keep the tabbouleh in the fridge long enough to serve it fresh.
- Serve it with some leaves of salad and enjoy!
Want to taste another healthy salad recipe for summer? Discover my exotic salad here;)