As the sunny days are coming, I guess you may have seriously activated your sexy bikini action plan! If you want to get fit in a happy mood for this summer and you are looking for new ideas of healthy recipes, this one is for you! I really love this recipe that I learnt from my mum (she is such a good cook) because it’s ♫ Fresh it’s so Fresh
excitiiiiiing ♪, easy, healthy and very important TASTY; perfect to change a bit from eating salads! The recipe is mixing the famous Mediterranean flavors of the melon and Serrano ham which are served in 2 ways. It is a fresh melon soup aromatized with a little bit of pastis ( french liquor but you can replace it by Muscatel or Porto) and served with some chips of serrano ham, and a thin slice of melon and ham. This melon soup is a cool alternative to gaspacho that needs less ingredients and it will really impress your guests! In addition the melon has very good healthy and beauty properties as it contains vitamins A, B6 and C, beta carotene and potassium. It means this fruit is good for the eyes, protects the skin, helps to suntan and to get slimmer (diuretic properties) and it is an antioxydant. If you are vegetarian, you can replace the Serrano ham by beetroot, it will be really delicious and beautiful too. This healthy soup is really fast to prepare and should be realized at the last minute to keep al its freshness and crispy!
Melon soup recipe
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 1 big melon
- 1 soup spoon of Pastis, Moscatel or Porto (See I told you it was healthy 🙂 )
- 8 thin slices of Serrano ham or beetroot for vegetarians
- Fresh leaves of basil
- Material : un mixer, 4 transparent glasses and small plates.
- Melon : cut 5 thin slices of melon and cut in small dices the 5th slice of melon. Then mix the 3/4 remaining part of the melon and add Pastis.
- Serrano : keep 4 thin slices of Serrano/beetroot and grill 4 other slices in the oven while you are mixing the melon (3 min at 180° are enough/ 55 min at 150° for the beetroot)
- Presentation : arrange the soup of melon and the dices of melon in a transparent glass, add pepper on the top, dress the chips of Serrano or beetroot on/in the transparent glass and add some fresh leaves of basil. Then place the melon and Serrano/beetroot slice in a way to create a structured plate. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Bon appétit! Bisous, Melissa ♡