This year I am investigating new healthy recipes with a special focus on the breakfast as everybody say it is the most important meal of the day. I don’t want to fall into an extremist diet but I try to eat less sugar (white bread, industrial juice & cereals) and less dairy products ( yes I love to eat a piece of camenbert with my coffee…). The idea is to replace all this by fresh and homemade stuffs. So last week-end I experimented a recipe of healthy pancakes totally gluten-free and lactose-free but sooO tasty, gourmand and fluffy. Ok Ok I’m maybe over exited! In this recipe, the pancake dough is simply made with muesli, bananas, eggs and baking powder. So there is no need to use flour, milk and sugar. You can also add some salt, cinnamon, natural vanilla and a bit of rhum (yes why not!) to bring more flavor to the pancakes. Then for the topping, I think a mix of chocolate sauce, with fresh strawberries and crispy nuts is so delicious and matches very well with the pancake dough made of bananas.
So here is the recipe of healthy pancakes!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 50g of muesli
- 1 big spoon of baking powder
- 1 coffee cup of cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod
- a pinch of salt
- 150g dark chocolate bar
- 20 cl of rice milk or milk without lactose
- 100g of strawberries
- 15 nuts
- In a big bol, mix the bananas, eggs, muesli, backing powder, cinnamon, vanilla, salt.
- While the pancake dough is relaxing 15min, heat the dark chocolate in a bain-marie, cut and clean the fresh strawberry and prepare the nuts.
- Warm a pan with a little bit of butter
- Put the equivalent of a soup spoon of pancake batter and turn them when some little holes appear
- Serve with the hot chocolate topping, fresh strawberries and pieces of nuts. And bon appétit bien sûr!
[…] to taste another dessert with chocolate? Discover my tasty and healthy pancake recipe […]